We’re calling upon makers, creators and bold thinkers to partner with us and let us help bring your idea to life.
Your vision could supercharge our next generation of products and services – from simply ingenious hand tools for the home and garden to pro-grade power tool equipment and digital apps for safer, more productive jobsites.
Now accepting submissions that have a granted utility patent or a published patent application. If your submission is chosen, it has the potential to become commercialized under one or more of our iconic brands – DEWALT, BLACK+DECKER, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, Cub Cadet, Hustler and Troy-Bilt, to name a few.
First Step – Reach Out to Us:
Email us at submityouridea [at] sbdinc.com with the following information (all applicable information must be submitted in English):
- First and Last Name
- Phone Number
- Preferred Email Address for Response
- Mailing Address
- Issued Patent(1) or Published Application
Next Step – We’ll Be in Touch:
Once you’ve submitted the patent number, we will review the patent document and determine whether we need further information. If so, we will contact you with a request for additional information.
Please Be Aware:
- Incomplete information may result in a delayed or no response.
- Not for consideration: design submissions (including design patents), unpublished patent applications, artwork, advertising, marketing suggestions, copyright registrations, slogans, logos, brands, trademarks or other similar submissions will NOT be considered.
- Idea submissions that do not meet our guidelines will be returned to you without consideration.
- Acceptance of a submission does not imply that we’ll use your idea or that you’ll receive any compensation.
- It may take up to three months to review submissions and respond.
- Submission does not guarantee that your concept, patent or idea will be used or even considered for pursuit during this timeframe.
- There’s no exclusivity implied by the submission process. We encourage you to pursue other opportunities while waiting for a response.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Because good things take time – and deserve to be heard – we encourage you to pursue other opportunities, as well, while waiting for a response from us.