At Stanley Black & Decker, we are committed to transparent reporting of our environment, health and safety results.
Our sustainability journey continues to evolve, and our investments in and actions regarding climate change mitigation, water stewardship and waste reduction demonstrate how we measure progress to hold ourselves accountable.
2022 Renewable Energy Source %
Carbon Emissions %
2022 Water Uses %
2022 Waste Disposition by Type %
2022 Waste Generation by Class %
Health & Safety Performance⁵ ⁶
Everyone deserves to return home from work every day safe and sound. We strive to achieve world-class standards of safety in our manufacturing facilities and distribution centers, and work with our suppliers so that they can do the same.
Total Recordable Rate
Lost Time Rate
|Total recordable injury/illness||619||726||547|
|Lost time injury/illness||216||233||175|
|Lost days due injury/illness||5,621||4,585||5,785|
|Work hours in millions||146.3||170.4||156.3|
|Total Recordable Rate||0.85||0.85||0.70|
|Lost Time Rate||0.30||0.27||0.22|
1. Data points include acquisitions and divestitures through the close of the respective transactions.
2. Energy intensity in kilo British thermal units demand per work hour; carbon intensity is CO2e (carbon dioxide equivalents) in metric tonne emissions per thousand work hours.
3. Water intensity in withdrawal gallons per work hour.
4. Waste intensity in total generation pounds per work hour. Recycle can include single and mixed stream; energy recovery; and material reuse/regeneration with or without treatment.
5. For each year, results reflect current company business structure and applicable discontinued operations. Data points include acquisitions and divestitures through the close of the transaction.
6. Total recordable rate and lost time rate = # of applicable incidents per 100 employees per year.
7. Percentage of factories and distribution centers certified to applicable EHS/Sustainability management system standards in that reporting year.